CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer, HLN On The StoryLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 161652BR Apply Now
Live from Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York it’s HLN. An integral part of CNN Worldwide, the network features live coverage of national, regional, lifestyle, and entertainment news in a fast-paced approachable tone powered by a lineup of popular seasoned female journalists. HLN is best known for news by day and mystery by night, featuring stories that make us think more, feel more, want more, we are HLN.
See what it’s like to work at HLN & CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
HLN is hiring an Associate Producer! Our ideal candidate will assist show producers in every facet of show production. This includes viewing, selecting and editing video and sound elements consistent with the show's editorial direction.
What will you be doing?
The Associate Producer assists with developing show segments, researching, gathering and selecting video and participates in edit sessions as needed. S/he will curate information and video elements from a wide variety of social media websites, which includes making sure all video, images and photos are properly cleared with CNN Triad. The AP organizes and prepares video and editorial content so that deadlines are met, including logging and ingesting appropriate tape to server system. S/he provides accurate font and script information to appropriate network files. S/he communicates show needs and editorial and production notes to writers and producers. The AP must attend and actively participate in all show related meetings and pitch sessions. S/he must make sure all video elements are available, accurate and in order before they air in the show and be able to effectively articulate status of material during the show with the control room staff. The Associate Producer enterprises potential digital extensions of show segments including blogs, podcasts, and streaming video
What do we need from you?
- Undergraduate degree in journalism, production, digital or related field.
- Previous live talk, news or entertainment show experience.
- At least two years’ experience in journalism/TV production.
- Must have strong understanding of video editing.
- Successful candidate should possess technical skills, multi-tasking ability and be a team player.
- Strong interest/understanding of social media preferred.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.