CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer, HLN Morning ExpressLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158531BR Apply Now
Live from Atlanta, Los Angeles and New York it’s HLN. An integral part of CNN Worldwide, the network features live coverage of national, regional, lifestyle, and entertainment news in a fast-paced approachable tone powered by a lineup of popular seasoned female journalists. HLN is best known for news by day and mystery by night, featuring stories that make us think more, feel more, want more, we are HLN.
See what it’s like to work at HLN & CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
HLN is hiring an Associate Producer! Our ideal hire assists show producers in every facet of show production. This includes viewing, selecting and editing video and sound elements consistent with the show's editorial direction.
What will you be doing?
- Associate Producers assist with developing show segments, researching, gathering and selecting video, participating in edit sessions as needed.
- APs curate information and video elements from a wide variety of social media websites, which includes making sure all video, images and photos are properly cleared with CNN Triad.
- S/he organizes and prepares video and editorial content so that deadlines are met, including logging and ingesting appropriate tape to server system.
- S/he provides accurate font and script information to appropriate network files.
- Communicates show needs and editorial and production notes to writers and producers.
- Must attend and actively participate in all show related meetings and pitch sessions.
- Ensures all video elements are available, accurate and in order before they air in the show and can effectively articulate status of material during the show with the control room staff.
- Enterprise potential digital extensions of show segments including blogs, podcasts, and streaming video.
- At least 2 years’ experience in journalism/TV production
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, production, digital or related field required
- Previous live talk, news or entertainment show experience preferred
- Proven understanding of video editing, techniques and programs
- Successful candidate should possess technical skills, the ability to multi-task and be a team player
- Strong interest/understanding of social media preferred
**Must be able to work overnight/early morning hours**
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers Minorities/Females/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Protected Veterans/Disabled. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are E-Verify users.