CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Producer - CNN - Newsroom 2pmLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169238BR Apply Now
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play and what will you be doing?
AP responsibilities include, but are not limited to: viewing and selecting the strongest and most accurate video elements (packages, sound-bites, B-roll,etc) for a newscast. APs should be familiar with all important stories and the elements that go with them. They communicate show needs with writers, producers, and assignment desks. Other responsibilities include ordering and/or producing graphics, reporter packages, social media segments as well as prepare editing requests and use technological tools to research and gather archive video. APs make sure all video elements are prepared properly for air and that mediasource records include accurate details. They work in the front row of the control room to communicate the status of video elements and ensure best elements are available quickly.
What do we need from you?
- Two years as an AP, writer/producer or producer in local news, cable or at the network level
- Must have strong news awareness and production skills, the desire to work in a 24-hour newsroom environment and the ability to react quickly and calmly to breaking news situations
- The candidate must be able to handle themselves professionally in changing and challenging situations and be able to react quickly under duress
- Knowledge of iNews is extremely beneficial. Understanding of graphics, social media and non-linear production is essential
- Ideal candidate must be aggressive and be able to adapt to changing technology, demonstrate strong editorial judgment and be willing to work whenever needed
- Candidates must be extremely flexible and willing to support breaking news and coverage needs in all day parts
- Four year degree or commensurate work experience
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS