CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Associate Editor, Sports - Turner StudiosLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 165993BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content.We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story?http://www.turner.com/
At Turner Studios, we make content for some of the biggest and best in the industry: from Turner Sports to Adult Swim, TBS to TNT. We work on shows, promos and everything in between. And right now, we have an opening: we're adding an Associate Editor to our Sports Editorial team. What we're looking for: An up and coming editor with a creative mind and the technical chops to bring ideas to life. NBA, UEFA, ELEAGUE, NCAA March Madness - these are the types of properties you'd be working on. A desire to collaborate with producers and other editors is crucial. Experience in the promo world is preferred. Interested? Read on…
What part will you play?
Associate Editor - Sports
What will you be doing?
- Support producers, and more senior-level editors, in creating content for a range of initiatives, including promotion, marketing and programming across the diverse Turner Sports portfolio
- Collaborate with fellow craftspeople and the network partners throughout the entire project life cycle (ideation - production - final delivery)
- Understand and execute intricate deliverables
- A benefit of the role is mentorship from some of the top Sports Editors in the industry.
- The stories we tell aren't always told during bankers' hours, or in a 40-hour workweek - you've got to be all in.
What do we require from you?
- Adobe Creative Suite skills
- Notable experience in a fast-paced post-production environment
- Knowledge of social media platforms (e.g., Twitter, YouTube, Facebook & Instagram)
- Ability to perform under tight deadlines
- Familiarity with file management
- Customer Service Skills a must
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Flexibility to work varying shifts as needed
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS