Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Assist Mgr., On-Air OperationsLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 171764BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
There are more than 10,000 individual promotional assets utilized by TBS and TNT annually. The primary purpose of this position is to help operationally manage this promo production, including final quality control and electronic delivery of all assets prior to scheduling and air. Serves as a network contact when questions or concerns arise.
Builds and manages the scheduling metadata entered into the promotional content management system (SHOPS) for all necessary promotional assets. Aligns all needs of individual promo creatives to ensure current standards of network strategy and any individual requests of all partners and clients are met.
They are not only a go to person for Network Operations, but also for Sports, Marketing, Turner Studios, Programming and On Air Producers. The role also plays a critical function for ongoing team coverage needs, backing up functionalities for the TBS/TNT Digital Asset Manager, TNT On-Air Ops Sr. Manager, and TBS On-Air Ops Assistant Manager.
- Working closely with TNT On-Air Ops Sr. Manager, build all necessary individual promo metadata prior to production for TNT sponsored, barter, movie, acquired series, and miscellaneous network commitments
- Effectively communicate with Producers, Content Partnerships, Design, and Marketing via e-mail and in regular strategy meetings as needed regarding the creative promo product throughout entire production and delivery process
- Quality control each piece of above-mentioned media prior to delivery
- Communicate with TNT On-AIr Ops Sr. Manager and Log Planning to ensure flawless execution of all materials in order to protect network strategy, viewer experience, and active streams of revenue
- On an ongoing weekly basis, actively setup and maintain all promotional elements for scheduling within the Phoenix system totaling over 25,000+ elements annually
- Ensure each piece of promotional media has correct scheduling rules assigned to correspond with each version (day/time specifics)
- Attend applicable weekly TNT meetings to stay engaged in all ongoing network strategies, stunts, and on-air priorities
- Actively maintain and keep organized the movie promo and graphic Excel grids for cross departmental use
- Prep all live sports event formats in Excel in advance of promotional scheduling and operational release
- Work closely with Sports to ensure all format changes are captured with 100% accuracy
- Serve as weekend and after hours contact to help resolve all on air problems and any applicable programming changes whenever necessary
- For out of office coverage duties, acts as back-up for the TBS On-Air Ops Assistant Manager (creating and trafficking TBS creative and consulting with TBS producers)
- Also covers the TNT On-Air Ops Sr. Manager for optimizing and managing all daily promo/graphic placements plus managing sports & high-profile formats
- Lastly, functions as back-up for the TBS/TNT Digital Asset Manager scheduling all VOD and Broadband promotion, as well as adding TBS & TNT promotion into the FreeWheel digital ad serving platform, with knowledge of all associated systems (Digital Phoenix, Radius, Freewheel, etc. . .)
- Contributes to all applicable system development by attending ongoing weekly meetings with relevant teams
- Candidate must have 3-5 years of prior experience with On-Air Promotions, Network Operations or a similar media planning group
- Basic computer skills required with internal working knowledge of SHOPS and Phoenix a plus
- 4-year degree preferred but not required
- Candidate must be highly organized, detail oriented, and capable of handling multiple projects at once with a high degree of accuracy
- Open communication, teamwork mentality, positive attitude, and a genuine passion for TV/movies/entertainment/sports highly valued
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS