WarnerMedia's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Applications ArchitectLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 174187BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
- Responsible for providing technical guidance, mentoring, and performance services in the analysis, design, development, testing, implementation and support of public facing websites and services.
- Perform analysis of customer and vendor requirements and create detailed program design specifications for highly complex user interfaces, application enhancements, new functionality, and backend processes in collaboration with customer, business system analysts, and other project team members.
- Assist others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs.
- Work with analysts and customers to recommend technology solutions that meet business needs.
- Participate in process improvement/re-engineering efforts and work with Advisory Developers/Architects to ensure that application solutions are congruent with enterprise-wide direction.
- Provide guidance and task direction to other developers.
- Coordinate project management and integration activities across projects as needed.
- Facilitate communication and problem resolution between "technical" and "functional" groups.
- Work with Architecture and other infrastructure groups to determine and implement complex system hardware requirements that may involve multiple platforms, databases or peripherals.
- Provide production support for applications, implementation of fixes and upgrades from the product vendor, assist others with complex problem resolution, and respond with solutions to both functional and technical issues in a timely manner.
- Expert on the end-to-end web properties, capabilities, and client offerings
- Expert on inner workings and code behind systems used to deliver web properties
- Work with development and client teams to simplify, innovate and enhance process
- Troubleshoot technology issues and create patches to deliver on time to clients
- Work closely with global technology and data science teams to turn patches into long term solutions and improve automation
- Design, develop and document best practices for current products to improve efficiency and ensure client success
- Analyze business and technical requirements to determine best system design, potential risks and issues
- Work with Product Development to drive product evolution for enhancements and features
- Oversee technical excellence and code quality of day-to-day development activities
- Build innovative solutions to improve offerings to clients
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in software development in public-facing applications.
- At least 3 years of experience in a senior or lead role, including responsibility for code reviews and mentoring.
- Strong technical skills.
- Highly creative thinker with proven record of success
- Strong communicator who can work cross functionally with various internal and external teams to execute complex processes
- Ability to take extremely complex solutions and make them simple and easy to explain
- Strong knowledge and experience coding in an object-oriented programming environment
- Foundational knowledge of web technologies
- Strong knowledge of data integration techniques and processes
- Strong knowledge of cloud-based infrastructure solutions such as AWS or GCP
- Knowledge in React and Drupal is a plus - Knowledge of video workflows and processes (origination, encoding, streaming)
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS