Simply, Turner is a place that values individuals. We support our people with resources and rewards that foster whole-life satisfaction and provide an environment where professional aspirations and personal goals can co-exist and even further each other. With offices around the world, the opportunity to chart an exciting career is only limited by your imagination.
Applications ArchitectLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168548BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of Warner Media along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
Tech at Turner
45 years ago, we changed the face of television, and we continue that today by building and delivering next-generation entertainment and technology solutions across the globe. Our innovations impact advertising, data management, information security, content creation and delivery, business operations, broadcasting and ultimately, the fan experience.
As a technologist at Turner, you will work at the intersection of art and science. You’ll work for brands that inform and entertain the world including, Bleacher Report, Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, ELEAGUE, FilmStruck, Great Big Story, HLN, iStreamPlanet, Super Deluxe, TBS, Turner Classic Movies (TCM), TNT, truTV and Turner Sports – which includes the NBA, NCAA March Madness, Major League Baseball and the UEFA Champions League.
You’ll be part of a company that enables community and belonging by creating content that connects with fans when, how and where they want it.
The Architect is responsible for defining the full architecture of one or more products. The Architect plays a lead role in the analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation, and support of software applications across multiple projects. The Architect designs solutions to complex business problems and mentors and coaches’ junior developers. The Architect may also participate in the evaluation and recommendation of strategic solutions and development tools.
- Direct the work of others and perform hands-on coding, testing, support, or other tasks as necessary to ensure success of the deliverables according to user requirements
- Provide expert technical advice and assistance for multiple projects.
- Lead design, coding, and problem resolution activities as requested to ensure technical viability. - Lead, negotiate, and facilitate the development and implementation of software solutions across technology and business areas.
- Assist management with the selection of a technology solution that is in alignment with enterprise-wide architecture/technology, creation of cost and time estimates, task identification, and sequencing of project events.
- Develop reusable components for developers and provide expert technical guidance and support to use them effectively.
- Assist project teams in assessing the technology environments and determining changes as necessary to ensure successful implementation of software systems.
- Work with other technology groups (e.g., server operations, desk side support) to implement changes.
- Assist others in the use of programming tools and recommend tools to best meet application needs. Research, monitor, evaluate, and publish/teach groups regarding emerging technologies and trends internal and external to the organization on a regular basis.
- Recommend long-term technology solutions in accordance with an understanding of the methodology, architecture, business needs, and strategic success of the organization Mentor applications development professionals to increase organizational skill levels in support of the division's mission, goals, and objectives.
- Conduct information-sharing and/or teaching sessions to facilitate increased awareness of industry trends and upcoming initiatives
- 4+ years of experience using ReactJS, AngularJS, or similar framework.
- 4+ years of experience programming in .NET and C#.
- 4+ years of experience with SQL Server and writing complex queries or stored procedures.
- 2+ years leading a team of software developers, including participating in design sessions, story grooming sessions, and code reviews.
- Significant demonstrated interface design and development experience.
- Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs - Demonstrated advanced understanding of relational databases (e.g. Oracle or SQL Server) and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB)
- Demonstrated advanced understanding of troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, solution development, human factors/usability design, and implementation of projects for major business units or the enterprise Good communications skills (written/verbal), with emphasis on demonstrated ability to convey complex technical principles to non-technical audiences. Demonstrated advanced experience reading and translating data, process, and business models into technical designs. Desirable Requirements: - Experience with Typescript - Experience with Immutable data structures and functional programming. - Experience with WCF and/or RESTful API design.
- Experience with testing tools such as Jest, Karma, Mocha, or QUnit.
- Experience with Node.
- Experience with container solutions such as Docker.
- Experience with document databases, such as MongoDB. - Experience with DevOps and Cloud Computing Platforms such as AWS or Azure. - Experience with automated build and deployment tools, such as TeamCity, Octopus, Jenkins, CircleCI.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, MBA, MIS, or equivalent education, training, and/or experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Warner Media family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS