Collectively, TBS, TNT, Turner Classic Movies (TCM) and truTV provide a blend of original and reality programming, marquee sports, popular licensed series, movies and classic film. The division is filled with passionate producers, supporters and admittedly proud consumers of great entertainment. If you love television, there’s no better place to work.
Application Implementation Manager - NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, United States Job ID 158116BR Apply Now
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
- The Application Implementation Manager is an exciting position for a leading global sports brand.
- The position involves oversight of a full-stack web engineering team, technical operations, as well as direct management of 5-7 Web Engineering professionals.
- The Application Implementation Manager partners with Product and Project Management to understand business objectives, and then leads the development of web technologies that achieve those objectives.
- The Application Implementation Manager drives the continuous pursuit of process improvement in software development, and performs hands-on systems consulting and guidance as well as troubleshooting as needed for NBA Digital products.
What will you be doing?
- Oversee the implementation of the content management system and web publishing applications for NBA.com, NBA Leaguepass, and the NBA mobile/connected device applications. Technologies include Drupal, Elasticsearch, Angular and Node.js.
- Provide leadership in support of the NBA Digital technology roadmap, as well as organizational direction and culture.
- Lead execution and delivery of new initiatives as well as oversee operational support for solutions in production.
- Lead and facilitate technical work planning sessions, sprint planning, and daily standup sessions.
- Mentor, guide, and coach a team of web developers. Coordinate training opportunities that support growth of professional/technical skills to drive increases in quality and business value.
- Demonstrate an understanding of future trends in technology and how they impact the current and future state of the solution; present actionable information about these trends to development teams and senior management.
- Ensure that technical solutions are aligned with established NBA Digital standards with respect to security, corporate governance, coding standards, monitoring, testing, source code management, and deployment.
- Participate in the creation of the NBA Digital Long Range Technology Plan.
- Establish and maintain standards for development workflow and project management, consistent with defined objectives and strategic direction for NBA Digital.
- Continually research, discover and recommend web development process improvements that promote improved efficiency, collaboration, and quality.
- Provide direct management oversight to Web Development team. Guide direct reports in support of their personal and organizational goals and responsibilities. Manage employee performance or discipline issues, and work with Sports Vice President to recommend compensation, recognition, transfer, promotion, or other personnel decisions.
- Other tasks and duties as needed to support the team and/or business.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage, and grow a software development organization.
- 10+ years experience developing dynamic, distributed, secure, and scalable web publishing systems.
- Experience implementing applications using Amazon Web Services, PHP/Drupal, and/or NodeJS.
- Experience with CDN configuration, preferably with Akamai.
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Experience in a DevOps environment.
- Experience performing troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and solution development for large-scale web applications.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of software development methodology, practice, and architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully perform software developer role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom and third-party applications across the development life cycle.
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and translating product requirements into technical designs.
- Experience delivering using agile processes (Scrum, Kanban).
- Advanced degree and/or certifications preferred.
But wait, there’s more!
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.