CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Analyst, Research (Temporary)Location Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 177167BR Apply Now
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented <br>storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, <br>DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
The CNN Research team is looking for a temporary analyst to support CNN's TV Newsgroup businesses. We blend primary and secondary research to inform a variety of high-profile internal stakeholders with strategic insights including the executive team. Along with regular reporting of the networks' linear performance, you will be part of a team that supports CNN's Political, Public Relations and Program and Content Strategy teams, as well as CNN / HLN's Original Series Program Development team. CNN is a 24x7 breaking news environment and this role will require some level of responsiveness outside of core business hours. This role may be required to do some rotational weekend "on-call" work - approximately 2-3 hours on the weekend.
- Develop an understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect.
- Assist in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN and HLN brands, as well as competitive networks.
- Provide support and recommendations (with manager oversight) for the CNN/HLN Executive Management Teams.
- Support the larger Research team in Upfront and long-range budget estimates (LRP).
- Extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree required with mathematics, finance, media, research, marketing or business degree preferred
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant work experience in Finance, Data Analysis, Media Research, Media Buying/Planning, Market Research.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Power Point, Excel, Outlook, and Word).
- You must be able to do: Pivot Tables, Excel analysis formulas (IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF, SUMPRODUCT, etc.) and Formatting Data.
- Quick learner of new tools (ex: Nielsen software) and processes.
- Strong analytical skills -- ability to collect, organize, and analyze significant amounts of data with meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, and transform into meaningful, actionable information.
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS