CNN Worldwide is a portfolio of two dozen news and information services across every available platform to more than 2 billion people, in more than 200 countries and territories. With editorial operations around the globe, the people who work here are on-the-ground connected and committed to telling the world’s stories with accuracy and immediacy.
Analyst, Optimization & TestingLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 169159BR Apply Now
This is our story We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
The Analyst, Optimization and Testing will support designing and tracking AB tests on key CNN Digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be able to define and design tests that will give CNN Digital cross functional teams insights on targeting future audiences as well as providing insights on how to improve and optimize CNN Digital products.
The Optimization and Testing Analyst will report to the Sr. Manager of Optimization and Testing on the Audience Development & Analytics team at CNN Digital. This role is primarily responsible for supporting AB Testing efforts across CNN, partnering with Product, Editorial, and other stakeholders teams to define, implement and analyze results of Tests and make recommendations.
- The Optimization and Testing Analyst will have a detailed understanding of experiment design, media analytics and AB testing implementation and results analysis
- The analyst should be able to balance business and editorial objectives by testing and optimizing editorial content in real-time
- He/She should have a passion for data and be able to analyze content performance and audience behavior
- Provide key stakeholders in Product, Editorial, Sales and Operations with actionable insights that will help them to effectively target, engage, and monetize our best customers and/or content
- Ongoing tracking reports and analysis to evaluate experiment results and present to key stakeholders
- Champion cutting edge approaches to testing and optimization across CNN Digital teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or a comparable field
- Experience in A/B and Multivariate testing and personalization campaigns, ideally with Optimizely
- Creating and testing hypotheses based on insights from audience targeting and analyses
- Good understanding and experience with AB/MVT testing methodologies and analysis
- Strong analytical skills to assess data, draw conclusions and make recommendations
- Demonstrated experience leverage large data sets, performing statistical analysis, and turning data into insights
- Significant knowledge of the digital media space, including the digital business models and the display advertising business Significant knowledge of the digital media space, including the digital business models and the display advertising business
- Strong working knowledge of analytics platforms, eg Adobe Analytics, Chartbeat
- Experience with, or knowledge of, data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau or Looker a plus)
- Passionate about interpreting data into recommendations and insights with the ability to clearly translate that information to all layers of the organization
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, prioritization and scheduling skills and practices
- Experience working in a global editorial organization is not required but is strongly preferred Ability to thrive in a fast-paced newsroom environment
- Strong communication, presentation and organizational skills and ability to collaborate and work well with cross functional teams. Extremely proficient in Microsoft Excel
- The ability to perform with a high degree of autonomy, demonstrate creativity and problem-solving skills and communicate complex messages to diverse audiences
- Interest in working in a lean environment within a large organization, where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS