Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Advanced Software Developer- NBA DigitalLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 168454BR Apply Now
Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
This Is Why We Play! NBA Digital is where sports and technology fuse to deliver the best game experience anywhere, anytime. From the casual fan to the die-hards, there's nothing between you and the game. Be part of a team whose passion and commitment for sports is reflected in our products.
The Advanced Software Developer will work with a large group of passionate technology enthusiasts with great opportunities to experience the challenges and rewards of developing one of the largest sports websites in the world, NBA.com. Opportunity exists for career growth, to work with a large cutting edge suit of web technologies in a casual but professional atmosphere. Projects include web analytics, streaming video, live scoring, design implementation, prototyping, content management system development, and automated syndication of content. The technology stack is a mix of platforms developed in-house, as well as an ever-increasing commitment to open source technologies. Candidates must be technically savvy with an aptitude for creativity and innovation. They need to be able to work in high pressure environments and adhere to firm deadlines, to interact with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction. Develop high-level system design diagrams and documentation for program design, coding, testing, and debugging. Develop and implement moderate to complex web applications on one or more platforms.
- Work as project team member to develop web applications or change existing applications.
- Mentor web developers on technical issues and best-practices.
- Contribute to task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules for development and maintenance activities.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective application solutions.
- Work with internal departments to provide associated deliverables required for the successful completion of development and maintenance assignments (e.g. business development, database development, web designers, end-user training).
- Provide 24/7 on-call support as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Thorough knowledge of HTML5, CSS3, ECMAScript 6+, and TypeScript
- 3-5 years working with and building RESTful interfaces/APIs using NodeJS or equivalent framework
- Ability to write unit-tested and maintainable code
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture and cloud deployment, preferable using Amazon Web Services
- Knowledge of container technologies; creation, deployment, monitoring, and management
- Understanding of Data Structures and knowing when to apply them
- Experience with Drupal (Drupal 8 preferred)
- Experience using Git
- Experience developing on Linux (Alpine/Ubuntu preferred) or Mac OS and command line
- Experience working and delivering in an Agile Scrum environment
- Strong skills required in critical thinking and analysis
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Prioritizes multiple tasks effectively
- Experience with developing mobile optimized websites and apps
- Understand emerging web and mobile development models
- Previous leadership experience in a web application environment.
- Experience in all phases of digital development and maintenance life cycle.
- Knowledge of GraphQL / database experience, D3.js / Data Visualization.
- Knowledge of FreeWheel or DoubleClick for Publishers
- Experience with Conviva, Adobe VHL, or Ensighten
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Knowledge of caching at all levels, and when to use it
- Knowledge of in memory key value stores
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for Working Mothers
- 2018 Best Company for Dads
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS