Turner's robust technology division provides the infrastructure to support the digital extension of our brands and creates unique ad-serving solutions through the design, development and delivery of key media technologies. Check out Turner’s Information Technology jobs.
Advanced QA AnalystLocation Atlanta, Georgia, United States Job ID 167592BR Apply Now
This is an Advanced Quality Assurance Analyst position on a scrum-based agile development team in the CNN BEST META technology organization. This team builds and maintains mission-critical video production systems for the CNN (news) and Turner (entertainment) television networks.
Sample projects include media asset management systems, digital toolkit, digital video archives, and catalog/search systems.
- The Advanced Quality Assurance Analyst works as a Scrum Delivery Team member.
- Applies practical experience in the key disciplines of quality assurance to deliver incremental but complete pieces of business value to stakeholders.
- The Advanced Quality Assurance Analyst not only demonstrates the skills and knowledge of a seasoned functional and regression black box tester but also growth and abilities with the tools and techniques used in white box testing including system and integration testing.
- The QA team member is responsible for planning and executing testing of software products to conform to specifications and quality deliverables.
- At least three years in software development, business analysis, support, or related IT experience, with at least 2 years direct QA experience.
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field
- Ability to successfully perform the QA role across multiple, complex system implementations with custom and third-party applications.
- Advanced analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills with complex projects and asynchronous workflows.
- Demonstrated experience in planning, developing, executing and documenting test cases and test results in a highly integrated software ecosystem.
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and demonstrated knowledge working on a scrum team is a plus
- Ability to understand schema (where applicable) and extract/inspect data from data sources such as relational databases (SQL Server, Oracle), NoSQL database (MongoDB), Web API Response data
- Candidates capable of demonstrating experience in one or more of the following areas strongly preferred:
- Ability to directly test web APIs with tools like Postman, SoapUI, Swagger, and/or curl
- Ability to understand and author XML, JSON and YAML document formats
- Demonstrated ability to implement test automation and create automated test scripts.
- The ability to write bash scripts or ruby scripts is a plus.
- Light Admin level skills with Windows 7/8/10 and Windows Server 2008/2012 R2.
- Must be able to RDP to remote machines, find logs, check on the state of services, etc.
- Light Developer level Linux environment skills.
- Must be able to navigate the filesystem, find files (typically logs and configuration files), search for text in files, ssh to remote machines, determine whether remote machines are reachable, determine the status of processes on the machine (running/not running, listening/not listening on port(s), etc.).
We are storytellers.
Join our Talent Network – the first place our recruiters look for candidates when jobs open.
Get notified when we post jobs you're interested in. SIGN UP FOR JOB ALERTS